Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring cleaning?

Soooo....For some reason, I've been in two moods lately:

1) Bitch of the East

Now for those of you who know me, this may not seem like something out of the ordinary. But in fact, I am even more bitchy than usual. I guess it must be the pregnancy hormones. Everything is setting me off lately. I nearly bit off the head of a three year old the other day. Though she prolly deserved it the damn whore! I have no patience for annoying people who tell me what to do. Again, same as usual, but now I'm really like pissing mad. Derik even commented that I've been really mean in the morning. Well f*&^ you Derik! I don't want to get up at 7:30 am but hey, I've got a job right....A maggot that refuses to sleep in his room and when he does in fact stay in his room for sleeping, he won't use the bed. The boy seems to enjoy sleeping in the doorway, or under the bed, or in the closet or in the rocking chair. Those are the combinations we've found so far. There maybe more but I dont' know. So the maggot likes to get up and immediately watch Elmo, but friends, Elmo doesn't come on til 10 am so until they we watch every other damn PBS Cartoon. Which is good cause they are actually kind of educational and fun. EJ can count from 5 to 10 correctly. He's like a genius and shit, and he must be part like Arab or something cause he understands the concept of zero. I must say though, this getting up early crap is quite good though. I seem to be getting more done in a day than i had in the past. Which leads me to my second mood.

2) Feeling the need to clean and straighten and reduce, reuse, recycle. AKA Spring Cleaning.

Now once again, those of you that truly know me, you know that I am a friggin pack-slob...which is a combo between a pack-rat and a slob. Hehe. I made that one up! But anyway. Today and yesterday, I actually cleaned out my bathroom shelves. I wanted to get rid of unused things. Whaaaaa???? So Now the shelves look clean, since I cleaned them, and organized, since I organized them. My next task tomorrow is to sort through our rolling cabinet thing. Perhaps I will even go buy a new rolling cabinet thing, since ours is mad broke. But I digress. Anyhoo. I have this need to get into spring cleaning and clean out things I am not using. I did it the last time my mom visited and threw out or got rid of a lot of stuff and made space in my cabinets for the junk that was overflowing.

I wonder though, whether I am getting the spring cleaning bug or if it is the nesting bug. I have the unborn one coming withing a few short weeks. So am I getting ready for it or what? When EJ was born, we were living with my parents and EJ lived out of a tupperware box for the first few months. We had limited space and really didn't have room to unload clothes and crap. Now we have a house with room. somewhat. Am I trying to get that house ready for my new baby cause I feel bad that EJ lived out of a box? Maybe. But the benefits are there. I'm getting a somewhat clean house and space for a baby. Plus I totally need to get rid of a lot of crap that we have and on't use. It is amazing how much junk you can amass over the span of eight years. I have trouble throwing stuff out, so that is even harder for me. Plus I keep acquiring it at the speed of light. Wooosh! There's another amazon shipment. PS - I think I am solely responsible for keeping amazon.com in the black for 2008.

So what to do what to do. Slowly but surely, clean and reduce clean and reduce. I'm going to donate as much as I can to churches and what not. My mom will take some of it for her ever present garage sale that she is having. My dad would never let her have one, and now, since he's dead, she figured this would be the way to honor him. Just kidding on that one, it was a stupid thing of my dad not to allow for a garage sale. Anything that is gross or left after those two options will be thrown out. Boy am I going to be making trips to the convenience station or what!

I feel the need to be cleaner and get into a better schedule. I think because the sun is shining more, and we can actually see grass. Also, I see the light at the end of the tunnel of my pregnancy. Only like seven more weeks to go, and after that I get my body back. Maybe I'll stop being bitchy by then. Hahahahahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment